CLn® for Other Skin Conditions
Psoriasis, HS (hidradenitis suppurativa), Chronic Venous Stasis, Lymphedema, Ichthyosis and other skin, inflammatory or metabolic disorders can compromise (or break down) the skin and lead to a variety of presentations including: itching, flaking, open sores, weeping fluid, pus, odor and infection. The first step in managing these problems should be proper skin cleansing. CLn BodyWash and CLn Shampoo(which contains salicylic acid and glycerin) are excellent choices as they are tough on microbes, but gentle on skin and scalp—including skin compromised by medical conditions. After proper cleansing with CLn products and rinsing, one may apply other products such as moisturizers, steroids, antibiotics or other medicines as necessary.
Choose from the following CLn cleansers for other skin conditions:
- for compromised skin prone to eczema, rash, folliculitis and infection8 fl. oz. / Multi Pack / 3 fl. oz.Starts at $20.00$20.00+ Free US ShippingTooltipPlease view the Cart page for your 'final cart value' to check the total discounts applicable on your final order. The relevent 'buy more save more' discount will be automatically applied to your overall order on the cart page, based on the cart content.Safe for ages 6 months to age 106
- Use on compromised skin prone to eczema, rash, redness, irritation, folliculitis & infection.
- Results In As Few As 2 Weeks*: CLn BodyWash is proven to reduce the appearance of skin redness, dryness and flakiness seen with eczema when used for 2 minutes a day in the shower or bath.
- Gentle, non-drying formula: With continued use, CLn leaves skin looking smooth, clear and healthy.
CLn BodyWash If you are new to the CLn® Skin Care experience, start here with the CLn® BodyWash. It can be used daily from head to toe and the smaller size (3.0 fl oz) is useful when traveling or for spot cleansing.
- for normal to oily scalp prone to itching, folliculitis and dandruff8 fl. oz.
Special Price $33.00+ Free US ShippingTooltipPlease view the Cart page for your 'final cart value' to check the total discounts applicable on your final order. The relevent 'buy more save more' discount will be automatically applied to your overall order on the cart page, based on the cart content.
List Price: $36.00 You save: $3.00 (8%)Therapeutic cleansing for normal-oily scalps and hair
- Use on scalps and beards prone to itching, folliculitis and dandruff.
- Eliminates flakes and unclogs pores: CLn Shampoo lathers away excess oil and dead skin cells, revealing a healthy, flake-free scalp or beard. It is suitable for all hair types, including close-shaved heads and chemically relaxed hair.
- Leaves hair and scalps refreshed: Clean-rinsing formula effectively cleanses pores and hair, promoting a healthy appearance.
CLn® Shampoo Formulated with salicylic acid, CLn Shampoo removes unwanted oils, dead skin cells, dull residue and debris from pores- leaving the hair looking flake free and the scalp healthy.
1.) What is Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)?
Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), also known as Acne Inversa, is a painful skin disease that causes recurrent boils to form in many areas of the body such as armpits, groin, skin folds and other locations. The boils may occur suddenly. HS has a major impact on the quality of life of sufferers. Patients may require antibiotics, cleansers and surgery. The diagnosis is often not clear cut; patients may seek attention from a variety of doctors such as family medicine, internal medicine, wound care, plastic surgery, dermatology or OB/GYN.
Effective skin cleansing is critical to manage HS; as such CLn BodyWash or CLn SportWash offers excellent cleansing properties for HS patients.
2.) What is Ichthyosis?
Ichthyosis (ick-thee-OH-sis) is a term used to refer to a group of skin disorders. Ichthyosis is caused by an abnormality in either the growth or shedding of skin cells that results in dry, thickened, or scaly skin. The word “ichthyosis” comes from the Greek word for “fish,” as the skin of some people with ichthyosis looks like fish scales. There are more than 20 different types of ichthyosis, and some of them are inherited. The most common type, accounting for 95% of all cases of ichthyosis, is called ichthyosis vulgaris (“vulgaris” is the Latin word for "common"). Ichthyosis vulgaris occurs in approximately one in every 250 people. Each year, in the United States alone, 5 to 10 of every 100,000 babies are born with a moderate to severe form of ichthyosis. Inherited forms of ichthyosis, such as ichthyosis vulgaris, are usually apparent during the first year of life, often at birth, and continue to affect a person throughout life.
3.) What are the symptoms of Ichthyosis?
Symptoms can vary significantly from person to person. Some people are affected only on one part of their body (for example, only on the hands and feet), while others have the condition nearly all over their body. The skin may be reddish, extremely flaky, or the body may be covered with thicker, plate-like scales. The tightness of the skin may make it painful to move some parts of the body. For some people, ichthyosis causes moderate to severe itching. Splitting and cracking of the skin can lead to infections. Because of the buildup of bacteria beneath and between the scales, some people with the condition have moderate to severe body odor. Many people have the condition on their scalp, which interferes with hair growth. Many people with ichthyosis do not sweat normally. The thickness of their skin and the scales do not allow their sweat to reach the surface of their skin and cool them effectively. Some people may have hearing problems caused by shedded skin mixing with ear wax and blocking the ear canal. In addition, tightening of the skin around the eyes may block some people’s ability to close their eyelids, which can cause drying of the eyes and risk damage to the cornea.